Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My First Job Interview!!!!

Ahhh! I'm a big kid now! I have my first teaching job interview on Thursday! When I was home for Spring break I got all of my sub paperwork done for Rocklin Unified...just so happens that same week an opening was posted for a Social Science Summer School teacher at Rocklin High! It was only open to "In-House" applicants, meaning you have to be an employee of RUSD to apply. Well, being a sub, I am now "in-house" so I applied, what the heck! Turns out I was selected for an INTERVIEW!!! Who'da thunk? 
Needless to say I am pretty excited! I might finally get to be an actual teacher!!! I am excited/anxious for my interview and excited/anxious/nervous/scared/overwhelmed/insecure/determined/worried.... about maybe getting the job! Mind you this isn't your average high school class. It's a semester taught in 4 weeks...everyday...6 hours a day in one class! eeEEkkK!  (with the kinds of kids that fail classes, by the way) So it will be a challenge(to say the least)! Even so, I am ready! If nothing else it will be a good learning experience! Ahh! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment